Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Get Inspired



One of my greatest loves aside from my family and fashion of course is reading.  I love to read and you will rarely catch me without a book in my bag or at my bedside.  However,  lately I have been so busy that I have not found as much time to read as I normally do.  Over the last 6 months I have probably read a book a month whereas I used to read a book a week sometimes more.  But the beautiful weather of the last couple of weeks has sparked my need to read (hahaha).  There are few things I find more relaxing than sitting outdoors on a warm day with a good book!  So todays "get inspired" post  is all about books that have inspired me in some way.  These books are not necessarily my favorites but are sure to ignite a spark of creativity for the reader.

I guess it is pretty easy to determine why Memoirs of a Geisha would be an inspiring book.  The beauty described in this book from the cherry blossoms to the beautiful kimonos takes the reader to a different place and time.




 Wicked is full of color and fantasy where anything is possible.  Blue and green people, yellow brick roads and an Emerald City this book could surely inspire anyone as it takes the reader into a whole different world.



I have always found comfort in stories of small town life.  The simplicity, the people and the...amber waves of grain. I don't know, but they are like comfort food to me and the novel London is the Best City in America depicts small town life at its best.

 I am sure that just from the cover one can see why The Luxe novels may inspire any fashionista.  It is filled with page upon page of glamorous parties, beautiful architecture and first and foremost vivd descriptions of 18th century dress that will entice the imagination of any fashion lover.

You may think that Confessions of a Shopaholic would inspire me for obvious reasons but no, there is a much less obvious reason that I am inspired by this or any other one of Sophie Kineslla's books.  Her descriptions of London are always so detailed she is sure to make the reader feel as if they are there walking into a Top Shop or riding the London Eye themselves.

 If Pride & Prejudice cant spark the readers creative streak then maybe you should go into science because every page is filled with beauty from the prose to the lively characters, beautiful scenery and the romance...ahh the romance.  That alone has inspired hundreds of thousands of people since its publication.


So...What inspires you?

TTYL,

-Devon



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love your feedback, so please leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails