Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy March!!!

March is here and spring is in the air!  Okay so not really, there is still a ton of snow on the ground and when I stepped outside this morning I thought my ears were going to fall off from the cold but we are one step closer to warmer weather and that thought alone puts a smile on my face! 

I want to update you all on all of the great stuff that I have been making throughout the month of February but unfortunately... I can't.  Wah, wah, waaah.  I do have one picture that I can share with you all:



I made this top very last minute to wear to a baby shower for a friend of mine.  I realized at 10pm the night before the shower that I had nothing to wear so I dug through my pattern file and through my fabric stash and came up with this very cute (if I do say so myself) top.   I used a Butterick pattern B5100 view D and some fabric I found in the Red Tag section of Joann's if you can believe it.  There was just a little over one yard (not really enough to make the top the way it is supposed to be made) but I made it work and by 12pm the next day I was walking out the door in this outfit!

So now you all want to know why I don't have pictures of anything else if I have been so "busy"?  Well I will tell you, it is because since the advent of Facebook it is hard to wear the same outfit twice!! This is ridiculous but true.  Once an outfit is out there in FB land for everyone to see it is hard to rock it again unless you know you wont be running into anyone from Facebook! UGH!  Therefore I can't actually post pictures until I have worn the outfits out.  Luckily I have a ton of events coming up in the next couple of months so I will have lots of pictures of things that I have made coming soon.  :-)

TTYL,

-Devon

3 comments:

  1. Very cute top! I love how you have the whole outfit styled up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok! I love that you can update your wardrobe anytime you want!!! That is so amazing to me!! :D

    ReplyDelete

I would love your feedback, so please leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails