Thursday, February 4, 2010

I AM GOING TO FASHION WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I am sorry, did I fail to mention that little detail? Well...I am (huge cheshire cat grin)!  Yes this friday I will be amoungst the fabulous people at New York's Mercedees Benz Fashion Week at the Venexiana show.  I am so excited I can hardly contain myself!  My wonderful cousin managed to score us seats and immediately, well after dancing an irish jig around the room, I thought "what the hell am I going to wear?"  For days I pondered what look I wanted to go for.  I knew I wanted it to be fairly simple and understated, I wanted to look effortlessly stylish.  And then one night while laying in bed just before I fell asleep (which is when all of my best ideas come to me) the perfect look floated into my thoughts. 

I am a color freak.  I love all things bright and colorful and that will make you stand out in the crowd but for this occasion I didn't want to do anything too bright so I decided to do a silk charmeuse blouse in a golden/ mustard color paired with some funky black pants and chunky jewelery. Now that the look was in place I just had to hope upon hope that I could find the perfect fabric for this look that was dancing around in my head.  So with just 8 days until the big event I braved the 31 degree cold and took a trip into the city to go fabric shopping (and believe me, it was very cold!!!).  Fortunately, I knew exactly where I wanted to look and this is what I found:
Silk Charmeuse in mustard & black raw silk for the pants

                                                          



Now it is time for me to get to work.  I will update you all on my progress and I will be sure to post lots of pics of the final outfit as well as (fingers crosses) us in front of the tents in Bryant Park!

TTYL

-Devon

BTW do you love my fabric choices?  The charmeuse is so beautiful I am tempted to make a dress out of it...but that would be for another occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love your feedback, so please leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails