Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I just realized I have no idea what I am doing!!!

Here is the honesty part of my blog, where I step away from telling you all about my favorite designers and all of the goings on that I find interesting in the fashion world, to pour out my heart and soul for all of you in blog land to read. 

Although I have always known that I am kinda winging this whole fashion line thing, I just realized that I really have no idea what I am doing! Don't get me wrong, I know what I am going to do and I just have to hope upon hope that it works for me. However, I have a distinct feeling that what I am going to do and what I am supposed to do are two different things.  Am I making any sense?  I know that before launching my website I should have some sort of plan in place for how I am going to run things...and I do, I am just not sure if it is the best one.  But in the words of the fabulous Tim Gunn, I have to "make it work".

Originally, my plan was to have 20-25 pieces completed by late may for the site....well that was wishful thinking! Now my hope is to have 10-14 pieces completed.  I am loving what I have done thus far, however, lately I have been sketching out some really fantastic looks that I would like to incorporate into the website.  This may mean cutting some looks that I had originally planned to use.  Yet another thing I have to consider is the cohesion of the looks.  Now, I have always hated that lines have to be "cohesive" because I always thought, "who wants a cohesive wardrobe?" however, in trying to put together this site I have realized the importance of  at least a modicum of cohesion.  I don't want each look to look as though they were created seperately without any thought as to who will be wearing them.  I have to have one girl in mind and create a complete summer wardrobe for that particular girl.  That is my goal anyway.  So I say all of this to say, I have a lot to think about and even more work to do.  From there I just have to hope that all of the pieces fall into place. 

I hope that my little rant made sense to you because it barely makes sense to me, but this is just an example of how scattered my mind is these days, lol.  I can only hope that one day it goes back to normal! *wink & a smile*


TTYL,

-Devon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love your feedback, so please leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails