Friday, February 5, 2010

Its my party and I'll kick, scream, yell and cry if I want to!

The thing about being a mother of three young children and trying to start a business is that your mind is no longer your own. There is no time for rest, even when you are sleeping. Constantly thoughts of the children, housework, day to day tasks as well as new business ideas and in this case designs are flowing 24/7. While I love the path that I am on, I sometimes miss the days where I could sit in front of the television and veg out for an hour or two, or going back 6 years or so an entire Sunday!  My point being, this is a very hard deal.  I have days where I feel on fire, like everything is going my way.  I have completed an amazing garment, the kids are behaving and the house...well, its not as messy as it could be.  However, most days don't feel like that.  Most days I feel as though I am being pulled in a million different directions and accomplishing nothing.  Moreover, to top it all off, I feel as though I am neglecting everyone and everything outside of my family and this business.  Luckily, I have really amazing friends who completely understand for the most part but I still feel pretty crappy about it. 

Trying to start a fashion line...from scratch at the pace I am trying to accomplish it all in is kinda crazy.  Its like saying "Hey ya know what?  I have always wanted to own my own restaurant so I think I will buy a building and open one next year. Now let me go learn how to cook."  But anyone who knows me knows that when I put my mind to something, I mean really truely put my mind to it, there is pretty much no stopping me, no matter how crazy the idea sounds.  Therefore, I am chugging along, bad day or not toward my goal.

So as I am sure you figured from all of this venting, today is one of those not so great days.  But here's the thing, I will persevere.  I plan on riding this bitch till the wheels fall off even if I lose my ever loving mind in the process!

TTYL Blog land,

-Devon =)

3 comments:

  1. I love your candid comments about being a mother and an aspiring professional. I think we all could use more open dialogue about that "not so balanced" balance between motherhood and following our own personal dreams.

    A very wise person once told me that "You only get to do this once". Although our priorities are being a mother, wife, daughter, sister, friend.......
    This life is still yours to live, so stay on your path. Those who love you will tag along for the crazy ride!

    Side note... I am attending a wedding in April. Any suggestions on a nice spring outfit. I'm always afraid that time of year because of the fickle weather! Any advice will be appreciated.

    Best,
    Fashion Senseless in Woodbridge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Woodbrige! That is great advice and I am thrilled that you liked my entry.

    As far as your question about a nice spring outfit, I do have a suggestion...invest in a good wrap or cardigan! I have been asked that question several times lately and I have decied to write an entry about it on this snowy afternoon. So check back in a few hours and I will give you some great examples!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's never too late to be what you may have been. It may seem impossible on most days but there will come a time where everything will fall into place. You have direction and you have the drive -- just take that and run with it. Success always comes with a little madness. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I would love your feedback, so please leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails